When you book a stay and visit us as a hotel guest at Upper House or Gothia Towers
In order for you to be able to book a hotel stay, you are required to provide us with certain personal data. When making a booking, the registration form states which data is mandatory. If you do not provide this data, you will not be able to make the booking.
When you book a stay and visit us as a hotel guest, we process your personal data primarily for the following purposes:
- In order to administer your booking and your payment
- In order to communicate with you before and during your stay
- In order to send SMGT’s newsletters and targeted marketing
Would you like to find out more about how we process your personal data? Read the detailed description about why we process your personal data, which categories of personal data we process, the legal basis for processing this data and how long we save your personal data.
Who has access to your personal data?
As a starting point, your personal data is only processed by SMGT. However, we cooperate with other companies and organisations that can view your personal data if necessary in order to fulfil our undertakings with you as a visitor.
Below, we describe the other parties with whom we share your personal data. You can contact us if you would like more information about which parties have access to your personal data.
- We share your personal data with IT suppliers who only process personal data on our behalf in order to provide us with technical support.
- Your personal data will be shared with suppliers who only process personal data on our behalf in order for us to be able to use systems to administer your booking, e.g. with the suppliers who provide our booking, parking and restaurant systems.
- We will share your personal data with a supplier in order to keep your details accurate, i.e. to update your contact details.
- If you use a discount code when booking that you have received from a third party, we will share your name and your e-mail address with the party that provided the discount code.