When you visit one of our public fairs as a private individual
In order for you to be able to purchase tickets, seminar cards, etc. before visiting a fair, you are required to provide us with certain personal data. When placing your order, the registration form states which data is mandatory. This data is required in order for you to be able to make a purchase with us.
When you visit one of our public fairs as a private individual, we process your personal data primarily for the following purposes:
- In order to record and administer your registration to attend the fair
- In order to communicate with you before and during the fair, e.g. to send you information
- In order to send information and marketing about the fair and similar fairs that we think you may be interested in, within a two-year period
- When you have registered for one of our fairs, our communication to you will consist of:
- A confirmation via e-mail, text message or post
- Any invoice by post or e-mail
- E-mails with information, as well as newsletters and marketing about the fair and similar fairs that we think you may be interested in
- Newsletters about SMGT’s operations
- E-mails with market surveys about the fair
Would you like to find out more about how we process your personal data? Read the detailed description about why we process your personal data, which categories of personal data we process, the legal basis for processing this data and how long we save your personal data.
Who has access to your personal data?
We gather your personal data for processing within SMGT. However, we also cooperate with other companies and organisations that can view your personal data if necessary in order to fulfil our undertakings with you as a participant, or if the recipient is an external or internal IT supplier that we engage to provide us with technical support for some aspect of our operations.
Below, we describe the parties with whom we share your personal data. You can contact us if you would like more information about which parties have access to your personal data.
- Your personal data will be shared with suppliers so that we can administer your registration for the fair, e.g. with the supplier who provides our ticketing system and distribution.
- We will share your personal data with a supplier in order to keep your details accurate, i.e. to update your contact details, or a survey company so that you can give your opinions on your experiences.
- If when registering you use a discount code that you have received from an exhibitor or a partner, we will share your contact details, such as your postal address, e-mail address and mobile phone number, with the exhibitor or partner from whom you received the code.
- We may share images and videos in which you appear together with exhibitors and partners, but we will ask for your consent. Overview images may be shared with exhibitors and partners without your consent, and may be published on our website, in printed materials and on social media. Publication also relates to images of informal gatherings.
- If, in connection with your registration, you choose to book hotel accommodation via us, your personal data will be transferred to the hotel where you will be staying.